Discord is a freeware proprietary VoIP program designed for gaming communities. It was initially released in May 2015 but rose to popularity the next year when it became the only client to work with both GameVox and Steam Chat, two popular communication platforms used by gamers.
Now Discord has grown into one of the leading VoIP programs being used by gamers. It offers a wide range of features and customization options, making it an ideal VoIP program for small to large communities.
1. Faulty Hardware/Damaged Components
2. Faulty or Outdated Programs
3. Malicious Software
4. Other Operating Systems
5. Overheating Problem due to Poor Ventilation
6. Remove and Regenerate the Discord AppData Folder
Open File Explorer and go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData. You can get to it by typing %appdata% in the File Explorer’s address bar, then clicking on AppData.
If you are using Windows 10, click on My Documents instead of documents since this is where your AppData folder is located.
Once open, delete the Discord folder. This will make your AppData folder go back to its default settings. This will also require you to log in to your Discord account again after you restart the Discord app.
1) Restart your system:
Press the power button to turn it back ON after 5-10 seconds. If you are using a laptop, remove the battery.
2) Check your hardware components:
3) Update Discord and all other programs running on your system
Update Discord by accessing the Help menu and then selecting Check for Updates.
4) Uninstall and reinstall discord
5) Use Windows built-in tool to check for software errors
To do so: Click on the Search field from the taskbar and type in CMD. Right-click on it and choose Run as administrator. In Command Prompt, type in chkdsk/f c:
Press Enter. If the system requests permission, click on Yes. Once done restart your computer.
6) Check other programs installed on your System
7) Update your Antivirus software
- Open the Avast Cleanup Utility by clicking on the (^) beside it in the Avast interface.
- Click on the button labeled Scan.
- During this process, you will be prompted to close some programs and restart your computer, do it as instructed by the utility.