Your PS4 tells you that Bluetooth audio devices aren’t supported by the PS4 when you attempt to connect your favorite Bluetooth headphones. This is because some Bluetooth headphones are incompatible with the PS4.
I understand how frustrating that must be, right?
There’s no need to worry. The following guide will explain the four best methods for connecting unsupported Bluetooth headsets to the PS4.
Why Does PS4 Not Support Bluetooth Audio Devices?
PlayStation 4 will not support Bluetooth devices, thanks to PlayStation 4 not supporting A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). Stereo music is transmitted wirelessly via Bluetooth. However, the PlayStation 4 no longer supports Bluetooth devices.
Lagging must be prevented. You will experience a lag of between 100 and 200 milliseconds when using A2DP. Therefore, Sony is supporting Bluetooth devices with PS4 to ensure a good user experience.
Despite that, Bluetooth headphones can be paired with the PS4 through workarounds. Here they are,
How To Connect Unsupported Bluetooth To PS4 (wired)
You will need a male-male audio cable with a microphone built into it for this method.
- Your headphones should be connected to the audio cable with a built-in mic.
- Using your PS4 controller, plug the other end of the audio cable into the headphones.
- Go to ‘Settings’ then ‘Devices’ on your PS4 main screen.
- Select ‘USB Headset’ under the ‘Output Device’ option under ‘Audio Devices’.
- After that, scroll down and select ‘All Audio’ under the ‘Output to Headphones’ option.
To connect the unsupported Bluetooth headset to the PS4, you might need an additional device. Use a microphone-equipped audio cable with this method. This type of cable is included with most Bluetooth headsets.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Plug the Bluetooth headset into the PS4 controller with the audio cable with an inbuilt microphone.
- Next, turn on the headset.
- You can access PS4 settings by clicking on the settings icon. Select Bluetooth Devices from Devices and then choose
- The headset you wish to use. Click on Audio Devices
- And then select an output device, click Output Device.
- To connect a headset to a controller, click volume control and then choose a loud or medium setting.
- If the headset isn’t working
Move on to the next solution if this one doesn’t work.
Method 3 (Bluetooth Headset – Use a USB Adapter)
Bluetooth headsets can sometimes be used with USB adapters to connect to PS4. You may need a USB adapter, so you can purchase one and then try these steps:
- Plug the USB adapter into the PS4’s USB port
- Turn on the Bluetooth headset
- You can access PS4 settings by clicking on the settings icon. Devices can be accessed by clicking here.
- Once you’ve clicked Audio Devices, click OK
- To choose an output device, and click USB Headset to Volume Control can be selected. If you prefer a louder setting, select it now, then select All Audio
- To see if it works.
You could try this solution if the previous one did not work.
How to connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4 (Wireless)
Method 4 (Bluetooth headset with a dongle)
The Sony PS4 can be connected to the Bluetooth headset with a dongle.
Bluetooth headsets can be quickly and easily connected to PS4s using this method. All you need is a Dongle and a wireless microphone. Wireless microphones are usually included with Dongles. Thus, they will not need to be purchased separately.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Insert your wireless microphone into the USB port of the PS4.
- Press the Dongle’s button to turn it on.
- The Bluetooth headset should be turned on. Wait a little while for the devices to connect as you move closer to the Dongle.
- After you have connected, navigate to the PS4 Settings page. Select Devices, followed by Audio Devices.
- Choose a device for input. Now, select Controller Connected Headset.
- Output devices can be selected. Click on the USB headset.
- Volume control is available. Choose either a louder or medium volume setting.
- Select Headphones as the output. Click on All Audio
- Check if the headset works.
Still facing Problem:
You should update your graphic card drivers if you’re still having trouble with the headset. Updating drivers fixes unexpected issues, so it’s worth a try.
First, update your graphics card driver using DriverDownloader, a tool that offers advanced driver updating capabilities.
Does PS4 have Bluetooth Capability?
A few features are missing from the PlayStation 4, but it does feature Bluetooth support. One of the downsides of the console is that it does not support all Bluetooth wireless headphones and audio devices.
However, you can pair your DualShock 4 controller with the Ps4 (using the share button) with the Bluetooth feature. It might be not easy to find a headset compatible with your game, but it will offer a better audio experience.
In addition, the performance of your online gaming (especially competitive multiplayer games) can be improved by using headphones with built-in microphones. Therefore, to own a multiplayer game, you must have a high-quality headset.
Playing your favorite game with branded PS4-compatible wireless headphones is a hassle-free experience. You can also use a micro USB cable to connect wired headphones via the PS4’s USB port.
Alternatively, you can connect additional devices using a USB Bluetooth dongle, or you can use a USB Bluetooth adapter. Unfortunately, although SONY still does not support some major headset manufacturers, a few non-compatible wired headphones are still on the market.
Does ps4 Support bluetooth audio Devices?
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) and other Bluetooth profiles for audio streaming are not supported by the PS4. Because these audio profiles often exhibit audio delays of over 100ms, any poor user experience is mainly avoided. The delay in sound effects would be particularly irritating if you’re an avid gamer who relies on excellent sound quality.
Are Gaming Headphones worth it?
If you’re only a casual gamer, investing in a pair of gaming headphones isn’t worth the investment. However, you need gaming headphones if you’re serious about gaming and want to own your favorite games every minute of the day! Furthermore, in competitive games, a great pair of headphones can even make the difference between winning or losing.
What Bluetooth headphones are compatible with PS4?
- NEW Gold Wireless Headset (model CUHYA-0080)
- Gold Wireless Headset (model CECHYA-0083)
- PULSE Elite Wireless Stereo Headset (model CECHYA-0086)
- Platinum Wireless Stereo Headset (model CECHYA-0090)
- PS3™ Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0080)
These are the compatible Bluetooth headsets, that Sony Playstation officially offers on their website.
Can you use AirPods for PS4?
No, since AirPod does not have Bluetooth capability. AirPods do not provide the same wireless experience as Bluetooth headphones would.
Can Samsung buds connect to PS4?
No, Samsung Buds do not have Bluetooth capability.
Do Apple headphones work as a mic on PS4?
No. Some of the newer models of Apple headphones include a microphone but the majority do not.
Hopefully, you have managed to bypass the infuriating suggestion that Bluetooth audio devices aren’t supported on PS4 and have been able to connect an unsupported Bluetooth headset to PS4.
If you’re an avid gamer who relies on excellent sound quality. Then investing in a pair of gaming headphones is worth the investment. You’ll want to make sure that they are compatible with your PS4 system before purchasing them. If not, consider using a USB Bluetooth dongle or adapter instead!